Thursday, September 8, 2011

Fall Events

I haven't been able to update here for a couple of weeks due to an unexpected 50,000 pound tree falling on my house during Hurricane Irene, a power surge that nearly gave us an electrical fire and wiped out our furnace and other appliances, and then a blessed couple of days in Maine with friends.

Things are at last getting back to normal, and I have lots more Jewish-themed books to post about in honor of Estie's release, but that will have to wait until after Saturday's book launch! If you're in the Boston area, consider coming out to Wellesley Books at 2 pm on Saturday (9/10). I'm at work preparing a fun Yiddish lesson for kids and adults as well as an interactive read-aloud of the book.

I thought I'd also take this opportunity to post some other places I'll be visiting this fall:

First up -- I'm offering a Writing for Children workshop at the JCC in Newton. No need to be Jewish for this! The class will meet once a month for four months and in between I'll critique work online. Here's a link: https://easyreg.jccgb.org/?catid=2421&pID=2294 The first class meets on Sunday, September 25th from 11-1.

On Saturday, September 24th I'll be at Celebrate Holliston Day, for all of you a little more west of Boston. This is my hometown festival, lots of fun for kids! I'll be at the Fiske's General Store table from 9:30-4:00.

On Sunday, October 9th, I'll be teaching a one-time 4 hour picture book workshop at the Newton JCC, from 12-4. Same link as above!

On Saturday, October 22nd at 2pm, I'll be at Park Street Books in Medfield, a hidden gem of a children's bookstore.

In November I'll be heading for New York and New Jersey!

On November 4th and 5th I'll be at East Midwood Jewish Center in Brooklyn (the synaogogue I attended as a child) for a Tot Shabbat read-aloud on Friday night and a more extensive program on Saturday morning.

And on Sunday, November 6th I'll be at Watchung Booksellers in Montclair, NJ from 2-3 for more Estie and Yiddish fun.

Whew!


No comments:

Post a Comment